Thursday, July 03, 2014

New Linux Mint computer

When I retired, I of course lost my nice work laptop computer.  The only other computers I had at home are really old, and one isn't even working.

Enter two very helpful brothers from the Memphis Scottish Rite who got me a surplus computer and installed Linux Mint on it.  I have long wanted my own Linux computer, and now I have one!  Linux Mint is a really nice operating system, based on Ubuntu Linux.  The more I use it, the more impressed I am with it.  It has lots of cool software installed, and it has detected and used both functions of my HP 2510 printer and scanner with no problem at all, not even requiring any setup or configuration.  Even my wife Linda likes it, and that's saying a lot.

I have added a Linux Mint wiki page where I shall be posting some observations as I go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home