Tuesday, July 01, 2014

I'm retired!

Well, it has been over four years since I posted anything on this blog or on my wiki.  Now I may have some time to do so.  I'm retired!  I retired from FedEx Services on May 31, 2014 after taking the voluntary buyout.  I spent the last few months there training my replacements and teaching them about what I had been doing.  I had implemented a new real-time version of the system that I had revised and maintained.  I taught my replacements how it worked and how to maintain and modify it.

Now I've been on my own for a month.  It has been nice.  Some friends told me that I would be bored out of my mind.  That has not happened!  So far, I have had so much to do that I wonder how I had time to work in the first place.  Immediately after retiring, I took a trip to Charlotte, North Carolina to join the Royal Order of Scotland.  Since then, I have been working around the house, getting finances set up for retirement, and doing church, Masonic, and SMOTJ stuff.  Now my posts will probably come in a flood as I think of things to write.  Then, I may go on hiatus again.  Who knows?

On July 12, Linda and I shall be participating in the Choro das Tres workshop and concert.  I'll post more about that as it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home